As I’ve mentioned in my previous posts about my relocation from CA to NYC, one of the largest adjustments has been scaling down my belongings to fit to NYC sized-standards. When we finally selected our NYC apartment building (more on that process in the future posts!), we ended up choosing the slightly smaller apartment with the killer views, over the slightly larger apartment (and by larger I mean like 40 square feet larger, but truly, every little square foot counts in NYC!) with the somewhat less desirable views. Those 40 square feet however, meant the difference between our beloved California King bed, and downsizing to a smaller Queen-sized bed. Anticipating how this smaller bed would work out [*Disclaimer: we let our dogs sleep in the bed with us and I refuse to give it up. I know, I know, the end of all romance 😉 ] I made it my mission to find the most comfortable, ergonomically supportive mattress on the market to make the shift as seamless as possible.
When Tuft & Needle heard about my search, and contacted me to provide us with a queen mattress for our new NYC apartment, I was admittedly thrilled, but still a bit wary. After watching a video on their site, I learned that the mattress would come delivered in a small box, and would expand in shape once unwrapped. I was intrigued; every mattress I’ve ever had required 2-3 people to maneuver, and was always a nightmare to get through doorways. It kind of sounded too good to be true, but once the mattress arrived, any worry I had, immediately went out the window.
These are the points of differentiation that were most important to me throughout this process, and hopefully will be helpful to you next time you are mattress searching:
1) Innovation. Tuft & Needle has created their own foam called T&N Adaptive™ Foam, which is neither a memory foam, nor latex. It combines pressure relief, support, and breathability, which no other kind of foam offers. The single firmness foam supports the natural posture of your spine, relieving back, shoulder, and neck problems, and naturally breathes so you don’t sleep hot (Scott loved that aspect especially!).
2) Quality. Beyond the exceptional quality of the mattress, the beauty of Tuft and Needle is that they truly care about their customers and have made it so easy to select a mattress, and can ship one to you in as little as 2-5 business days. Talk about streamlining the process!
3) Price. Their mattresses begin at $300 for a Twin Mattress, and go up to $750 for a King Mattress, so while they are an investment, they are not going to cost you thousands of dollars.
4) Warranty and Return Policy. The best part! They offer you a 100-Night Trial guarantee, so you can try it out for yourself, paired with an iron-clad 10 year warranty. (You should always get a new mattress after 10 years anyways, so you’re completely covered.)
5) Versatility. I also love that Tuft & Needle mattresses fits on multiple types of bed frames. We were still deciding on our whole bedroom aesthetic when we ordered our mattress, so knowing that it would work regardless whether we purchased a bed with an adjustable frame, slatted frame, or box spring (it could even work on the floor), was great peace of mind…just one less thing we had to worry about. We ended up ordering a box spring off of Amazon to pair with our Tuft & Needle mattress because we liked a more raised look to our bed, but it was solely for our own personal aesthetic reasons.
6) Comfort. Boyfriend-tested, girlfriend approved! Although Tuft & Needle provided us with this mattress, I want to share my honest review; we have never slept so soundly, or had a more comfortable night’s sleep…EVER. I am like the princess in the pea; I’ve had luxury pillow-top mattresses that have cost thousands of dollars, I’ve tried memory foam, etc, and this little wonder beats them all! Oh, and in case you were wondering…everyone fits, and our dogs, Lola and Marcel love it too. 😉
Have you tried a Tuft & Needle mattress or are you thinking about a mattress revamp? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below! Be sure to also follow along on my Instagram (@HauteHouseFlower) for more details on the rest of our bed, and to stay up-to-date as we decorate our dream NYC apartment!
All photos by Scott White (@BloggerPhotographer)